[How To] Install OxygenOS 3.5.4 with Stock Or Custom Recovery without Data Loss!!

Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying their 3T. As there are many still looking for 3.5.4 OTA here’s a little tutorial for those who want to install it manually.

The new update comes with some bug fixes and improvement. i’ll guide you how to install the latest Oxygen OS 3.5.4 ROM on rooted or non-rooted OnePlus 3T Devices:

Here are some highlights on OOS 3.5.4 update:-

• Optimizations for US-TMO Network
  • Optimizations to Reduce Lag when Battery is below 5%
  • Optimized Bluetooth Connectivity for Mazda Cars
  • Optimized Battery Saving Mode: GPS and Orientation Preferences will be restored when Battery Saving Mode is closed.
  • Fixed Flashlight Usability Issue in WhatsApp
  • Increased System Stability
  • Implemented Various Bug Fixes

Before we start:-

This method is only for the OnePlus 3T.

Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. I am not responsible for any damage to your device, please ensure that your device is at least 60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the update process.

Downloads:

• OxygenOS 3.5.4 Full ROM for OnePlus 3T – G-Drive | Mega

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the appropriate OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.

2. Nativate to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File

3. Once selected system would prompt upgrade now

4. Select upgrade now and system would reboot in stock recovery and flash the OTA

5. The installer would itself flash the OTA and reboot the device.

The Device will reboot and your OnePlus 3T is now running on the latest OxygenOS 3.5.4 firmware & OS.

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.
* After flash is successful go back to recovery and a wipe of cache is recommended.
* If in any case flash is unsuccessful the system would prompt you to download the full 1.4GB zip. So download that and follow the same process.

************************ For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery :D ************************

Download Full 3.5.4 Zip

1. Download the 3.5.4 Full Zip on your phone internal memory.

2. Download the Latest SuperSU SR5

4. Reboot To TWRP & Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM

5. Go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache & Swipe to Wipe

6. Install Menu > Select 3.5.4 Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash

7. Wipe Dalvik & Cache

8. Flash SuperSU to maintain root

9. Reboot System and Enjoy the 3.5.4 Update :D

PS: The first boot may take some timeand the system would boot twice due to flash of supersu so stay calm and wait for it to boot :p

PS: Rooted users may either flash the full 3.5.4 Zip or they need to flash the previous full zip 3.5.3 first to overwrite system partition followed by the relevant 3.5.4 OTA zip for a successful flash else just the OTA flash would fail with error 7 in TWRP

Enjoy & Don’t forget to hit like, it’s free ;)

2 Comments on this article

• Seaside Residences December 29, 2016
    You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one thing which I think I'd never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely huge for me. I'm taking a look forward to your next put up, I will attempt to get the dangle of it! http://www.seaside-residences.sg/location-of-seaside-residences-beside-siglap-mrt-station

• Akash K February 3, 2017
    I was using RR rom(lastest official built) on my 3T, since it has camera issues(doesn't take good photos at all), I saw your post and did as it suggested. Device doesn't start now. restoring RR rom (for now) that I backed up. can You help me get back to OOS3.5.4 since that has better camera app. and fucking stable! Thank you for your reply in advance!. All hopes with you.

Add a comment