eight different models is available for download on the Meizu Flyme website. These eight models are the first batch of a long list of devices can be flashed to the Flyme 6 ROM. Here’s a list of the models and the download link. Installation is by flash recovery and there is a tutorial up on the blog. However, as you’d know by now, flash recovery is not something you do without prior knowledge or else you could permanently brick your device.
- Xiaomi Mi 3 Flyme 184.108.40.206R beta
- Xiaomi Mi Note(top-end version) Flyme 220.127.116.11R beta
- Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm) Flyme 18.104.22.168R beta
- Redmi Note 2 Flyme 22.214.171.124R beta
- ZUK Z2 Flyme 126.96.36.199R beta
- OnePlus 3T Flyme 188.8.131.52R beta
- Nexus 6P Flyme 184.108.40.206R beta
- Nexus 6 Flyme 220.127.116.11R beta
It is interesting to note that most of the models on the list are powered by a Qualcomm processor at a time Meizu uses MediaTek chip on its models. It is possible Meizu is trying to consolidate on its recent settlement with Qualcomm with this move. It could also be due to the superior firepower of the Qualcomm chip which would allow the Flyme OS lag on the models it is flash into.